Monday, December 01, 2008

random people hanging around

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "$1150 - 1BD/1BA Condo For Rent in Parkridge on As...":

This is actually not a reply but a post:
Over the past few months there have been more and more random people hanging around our parking lot after hours. I work late and on several occasions while getting home after 2AM I have been met at the gate by people walking in after the gate is open (since it has been fixed) or finding people sitting in their cars waiting for something. I was curious and followed a shady person to Unit #__ where all this traffic is coming from at ALL hours of the night! I am concerned for my saftey as well as the safety of our community and property. I spoke to a few neighbors whom feel threatened but obviously won't do anything about it due to being intimidated by one particular Bill or Phill? kid that is allways walking back and forth with a pitbull between his unit and the #__ unit. I don't know the kid but if this is enuff to scare my fellow neighbors than I feel that you should say something to the board Mr. Moderator. And what can we do to report #__? The Assoc. Co. has done nothing since the person there is a renter and not an owner. I own and feel that property values are already in the toilet without tweekers runnig freely.
Signed,
Anonymous
(I dont want my safety or property damaged now that I have come this far.)

6 comments:

Property Manager said...

Personally, I don't believe this is a board or management issue. If we lived in a stand alone home and there were "suspicious" people next door I think all you can do is call the police if you suspect danger or the law being broken. There have recently been some unusual characters living in my part of the complex and I feel it is MY responsibility to keep my eyes open and call the cops if there is a threat or crime. It would be irresponsible of me to have that condo # posted here. Regards, Howard

Anonymous said...

Do not be affraid I live here with my family there's many people that come in to the property just to do wrongfull sooner or later justice will reach them and they will not like it.I wanted to patrol the property at night I will ask the question again who is with me? Times are going to get much harder with the economic situation.I will not do this on my own.Golda

Anonymous said...

I too left a previous post that was never approved regarding the suspicious activity at the unit # you are referring to. I've seen suspicious people coming and going from this unit at all hours of the day and night, not to mention the guy w/ the pit bull. My personal suspicion is that drugs are being dealt from that unit, and once I have enough info, I plan to provide it to the police department for further investigation.

Anonymous said...

The individual mentioned lives with his mommy. Because he's on his best behavior when she's around, she's oblivious (or ignorant) to what he does and WHO his guests are when she is not home. Many residents are aware of this on-going issue, but everyone fears conflict and reprise.

Anonymous said...

I see people here are frustrated. I suggest instead of complaining about this issue you do something. Make an attempt at a board meeting to solve this issue. If the board won't take care of this problem then maybe they should be replaced with someone who will take care of this. One way would be to send a certified letter to the unit stating your concerns. This way you are guaranteed to get the message to his mother. I know who this person is. He has yet to bother me yet he seems to be causing quite an issue with all of you. So do something about it and stop waiting for somebody else to take care of your concerns.

Anonymous said...

This really has nothing to do with the board. I know which unit you are talking about about. I have called the police and they said that 3 other people have called as well. Call the board and have them talk to the owners of the condo. They rent. I have no idea how many people live there either right now. All I can say is report whatever to the police and let the association know. Also keep a log...that is what they told me to do. Something not right is going on there.

Google

I swithched from Internet Explorer to Firefox