Wednesday, April 01, 2009

We can not afford to NOT maintain our community!

Those of you considering a call to the health department or selling your condo should be leading the charge to approve the assessment! I do not have $10,000 lying around and certainly do not like the thought of spending/borrowing so much to generate zero upgrades and only "maintain" what we feel entitled to. However, if you are going to own a car is it short sighted to claim no funds to change the oil...SAME THING! I suggest for those of you selling simply list the $10,000 discount within your asking price and get out so those of us who plan to live here can get on with making this community more livable. If you feel compelled to identify someone or some organization to blame so be it. That is not a simple blame game with so many different management companies over the years and so many VOLUNTEER board members. The board is not "they" the board is WE! Volunteers! I for one am very thankful for all of the dedicated work these people have donated to us (non-volunteers) and thank them for developing a plan. All the rest of us have to do is allow the plan to be executed. Again, I do not have $10,000 but there is no choice! If you would like to be able to sell your place some day with out discounting far below current market value (still dropping)...vote yes! Our posts and comments on this forum make it very easy for perspective buyers who can spell G-O-O-G-L-E to investigate our dirty laundry and sub par living conditions. I thank Sally (Kelly, Kim...) for her leadership, dedication and vision to bring us this far since the previous board leadership almost bankrupted us and allowed this well know situation to fester. Howard

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see...Feed our families or pay a huge assessment? Pay our bills or pay a huge assessment? I understand that these things need to be done around the complex, but this much is too much for right now! I am willing to pay money, but this much is just unbelievable. Please everyone, vote no and let the board come up with a better plan.

Anonymous said...

I speak for many here. We need this hot water problem fixed now. A few of us want to sell our places and move on. This hot water problem is causing us problems with our sale. And I cannot put my place up for sale. I for one feel trapped here by this situation. I cannot blame people for not buying here. I personally would not consider this place for purchase in its current condition. Yet I did and now I cannot sell to get out. Please, Howard or whomever, get to work and get this hot water problem fixed. I dont care if our complex looks like a construction zone. Just get the hot water repaired so I, and others can sell our places!

Anonymous said...

This blog is great for buyers, but is it so great that all anyone has to do is Google if they want to see our dirty laundry? I wonder how many buyers have been turned off by this blog and not bought here as a result?

Google

I swithched from Internet Explorer to Firefox