Sunday, March 09, 2008

Answer to questin "who is qualified" below

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Special Assessment":

Someone posed a comment on this blog asking who was qualified to be elected to this board. I am here to tell you that there are five people who I think need to be elected to this board without a shadow of a doubt to keep the good momentum going from the 2007-2008 year. Without these five people being elected, action will halt around this complex and we will go back to nothing being done.
The five people running for Park Ridge Board of Directors that need to be elected are (in order listed on the ballot): Kelly Thompson, Kim Wolfe, Sally Watkins, John L. Norton and Jim Manhart. Why, you ask?
1. We are always open to listening to the residents of Park Ridge. We won’t tell you when you approach us that you need to fill out a communication form and quit speaking to you. Of course, you still need to fill out a communication form if you want action to be taken, but feel free to talk to us! We are neighbors!
2. We are an action-oriented group. As a group, we have done many things for Park Ridge, including painting the laundry room, cleaning up the exercise room, cleaning up graffiti and doing minor repairs around the complex. Look on this blog and you will see our pictures from two community based activities.
3. We bring over fifty years of experience together in the areas of administration, real estate, construction, communications and technical knowledge. Who wouldn’t want that type of knowledge and experience on our board?!
4. We are homeowners who care about our investment. Just like you, we are homeowners who care about our investment and want to see it get top dollar when we sell. You will get that top dollar with us because we will get out there and do the hard work necessary to make this place shine.

We, Kelly Thompson, Kim Wolfe, Sally Watkins, John L. Norton and Jim Manhart ask for your votes to get action done around this community. Please be sure to stop and talk to us with any questions you may have about the recent mailings that have gone out to you. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.

Kim Wolfe for the slate of the Park Ridge Five

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that's so, why are Kelly Thompson and Jim Manhart on the same list of recommended candidates that Rene Fernandez is currently passing out?? Also, Rene Fernandez seems to be taking credit for the same stuff you are.

I've owned a unit here for 15 years and lived here for 12, and I've never seen or heard such childish behaviour until Rene Fernandez started getting involved with the affairs of the Association. The Management currently states that we have only "around $4000" in the reserves. Of course neither your little gang nor Rene's is going to take credit for draining them down. By the way, I voted "yes" for the special assessment.

I'm voting for your group principally because I have personally observed Rene Fernandez following residents around the complex to give them fines and I have personally attended meetings where Rene was so out of control he had to be calmed down by the others, and I figure anybody who could stoop that low to follow people around and has so little self-control over themselves isn't worth my vote !!

Anonymous said...

I can understand the balance in the reserve account and hope that the current board would take credit for the balance. Have you seen the work that has been done since Rene left the Board? They all stopped arguing and finally got work done. Thank you current Board, and I will be voting yes on that Special Assessment also with my election vote. Keep up the good work Board.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Resident said...

Has anyone received the forged ballot that Rene has sent out? It seems like that should be illegal and should be addressed in the meeting tonight and in April. I have felt the wrath of Rene and Cannot believe that anyone would send out documents that appear to be ballots except that they are already filled out. Despicable...

Property Manager said...

I am writing as a neighbor and homeowner now and not as impartial blogger.

It is not Rene's fault that the plumbing and roofs are in such bad shape. Our buildings are 30 years old. Rene and team (Kevin) had their chance to claim the legacy of fixing the hot water problem and for what ever reasons did not get it done. I thank that group and board for all the hours they volunteered, it's a thankless job. After Rene resigned, Kim, Kelly and Sally got the ball rolling.

Kim, Kelly & Sally, I have seen projects (including volunteers) getting done the last few months and am excited to see that continue. Kelly is articulate, professional and friendly and I trust her with the business of Parkridge. I know she is also personally motivated to get the plumbing done right. I don't know Kim, John & Jim but if they are the choice of Sally and Kelly then I'm convinced and voting for the Kelly, Kim, Sally, John and Jim ticket.

Sally has many years experience in the construction industry and not only is she a super worker bee but can supervise and negotiate sub contractors like no body’s business. I would love to see the complex get the workmanship and value that she commanded on her own unit and know she will. Right now we need leadership with contracting knowledge and a sense of value. Needless to say (since I entrust Sally from time to time with my children, vehicles and home) why not have her attention to detail working for the entire complex. She is the one you will notice checking on the subs and holding them accountable. She will also negotiate favorable deals for us with companies who know what they are doing. I've seen her in action. I already sent in both of my ballots as I own 2 units in Parkridge for the 5 candidates named above and voted yes on the $750 assessment.

Howard

Anonymous said...

My name is Kelly Thompson. I would like to take a few minutes of your time to respond to what I feel is a very important and legitimate question.

Why does the name Kelly Thompson appear on two very different documents coming from two very different points of view?

Firstly I would like to set the record straight that I am running on the team with Kim Wolfe, Sally Watkins, John Norton, Jim Manhart and me, Kelly Thompson.

Secondly, Rene Fernandez sent out his letter to the community and condo owners without even so much as mentioning it to me let alone asking me if I would like to run with him. I would also like to point out that not only was I not asked for my permission but I did not even receive the document. A neighbor brought it to my attention. I was stunned, shocked and angry.

I called Rene Fernandez to inquire as to why this occurred. I had to leave a message. To date I have not heard from him. That was two days ago.

For the record Jim Manhart was as shocked as I was. Jim and I have sat on a board with Rene in the past and we soon found out that sitting next to Rene on the board was not possible but rather we had to sit underneath him. I suspect that Rene’s motive in adding our names to his list was this-If we were elected along side the three other men we may have chosen not to accept. For the record if three board members are present a board meeting may still take place. I think you can figure out the direction I am going with this.

I have lived in Parkridge for 8 years and I have served on the board for nearly half of those years. After last years election I took a break but mid stream was asked to rejoin. I am a proud owner. I respect the value of my investment and I want to look out for the best interest of the community and other investors that share my pride. I do believe in following rules. I urge all to contact property management and get a copy of the rules. The rules are in place so as not to tell us what to do but rather to keep our property value high. Trust me when I tell you that I am reasonable and intelligent. I am quite sure that my attention needs to be on the re-pipe project which will be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and not focused on a 50.00 fine for a towel draped over a wall.

I believe in community involvement and neighborly interaction. I believe in sound financial decisions and investments.

I hope that I have answered some of the questions and cleared up some of the confusion. I will be campaigning in the neighborhood and I will be available for questions any time.

Respectfully
Kelly Thompson

Google

I swithched from Internet Explorer to Firefox