Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Kelly Thompson Answers Questions

My name is Kelly Thompson. I would like to take a few minutes of your time to respond to what I feel is a very important and legitimate question.

Why does the name Kelly Thompson appear on two very different documents coming from two very different points of view?

Firstly I would like to set the record straight that I am running on the team with Kim Wolfe, Sally Watkins, John Norton, Jim Manhart and me, Kelly Thompson.

Secondly, Rene Fernandez sent out his letter to the community and condo owners without even so much as mentioning it to me let alone asking me if I would like to run with him. I would also like to point out that not only was I not asked for my permission but I did not even receive the document. A neighbor brought it to my attention. I was stunned, shocked and angry.

I called Rene Fernandez to inquire as to why this occurred. I had to leave a message. To date I have not heard from him. That was two days ago.

For the record Jim Manhart was as shocked as I was. Jim and I have sat on a board with Rene in the past and we soon found out that sitting next to Rene on the board was not possible but rather we had to sit underneath him. I suspect that Rene’s motive in adding our names to his list was this-If we were elected along side the three other men we may have chosen not to accept. For the record if three board members are present a board meeting may still take place. I think you can figure out the direction I am going with this.

I have lived in Parkridge for 8 years and I have served on the board for nearly half of those years. After last years election I took a break but mid stream was asked to rejoin. I am a proud owner. I respect the value of my investment and I want to look out for the best interest of the community and other investors that share my pride. I do believe in following rules. I urge all to contact property management and get a copy of the rules. The rules are in place so as not to tell us what to do but rather to keep our property value high. Trust me when I tell you that I am reasonable and intelligent. I am quite sure that my attention needs to be on the re-pipe project which will be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and not focused on a 50.00 fine for a towel draped over a wall.

I believe in community involvement and neighborly interaction. I believe in sound financial decisions and investments.

I hope that I have answered some of the questions and cleared up some of the confusion. I will be campaigning in the neighborhood and I will be available for questions any time.

Respectfully
Kelly Thompson

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While on the board, Kelly helped us resolve several unit-related issues with our condo. She made herself available and approachable, represented our situation to the board, and worked diligently to get the problem solved. I appreciate her as a board member and a neighbor and am thankful to have people like her and Sally and Howard working diligently to communicate with residents and make Parkridge a good place to live and own. Parkridge Five (Sally, Kelly, Jim, John and Kim)--you have my vote.

Kirsten
Unit 56

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of the input. I was the one that orginally asked for help in having a "friendly" conversaton about the upcoming elections.

It has been fairly civil so far!

I had my thoughts on who NOT to vote for, I was looking for anwsers for who to vote for. I think it is very clear now.

Thanks Kelly!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, If you've been on the board for 4 years, why haven't you been able to fix the water issue by now?

Anonymous said...

if there's conflict on the Board and they can't agree, nothing gets done. We have 5 people that are all on the same page and seem to have things moving in the right direction. I'm all for giving them the chance to accomplish goals without ANY of Rene's influence.

I've lived here almost 7 years and didn't have any major complaints until Rene became involved in things. I don't think removing Rene's influence will make things perfect because all problems/issues/concerns can't be taken care of overnight. However, things will be heading in the right direction and SOME problems will be fixed.

Tim #40

Anonymous said...

I love you Kelly! You have all our votes!
#71

Google

I swithched from Internet Explorer to Firefox