Monday, December 25, 2006

Laundry Room Theft

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "More Newsletter Issues":

I would like to post a note on the safty of the laundry room. I was doing laundry this morning 12/25/06 @ 7.45am. I started my laundry, 3 loads, and left. The door was unlocked at the time. I came back aprox 30 mins later and the door was locked. Not unusual, but I used my key and when I entered, there was a white male aprox 30 yrs of age,he was 5'6", with a navy blue baseball cap and navy blue sweatshirt and jeans. When he saw me walk in, he appeared startled and left quickly. I took my laundry out of the washer and put it in the dryer. He returned and went to the washers in the smaller room and proceeded, I thought, to load the machines. I finished and as I left, I was closing the door to firmly shut it, when he grabbed the door and pulled it open. I apologized for closing the door on him and he said nothing. I quickly walked to my condo and he FOLLOWED me. He commented that I was a fast walker and I didn't respond and walked into the condo. 45 minutes later I went back to finish the laundry only to find, (this is odd), ALL of my panties were gone. Everything else was there, my socks, sweats,towels, etc. It was aprox $100.00 in panties taken. I did call the police and filed a report. If anyone knows anything about this please contact the Fullerton Police and ask for Officer Garcia. Tell him it is in regards to theft report #06-98402.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this sounds cold-blooded, but I find it hard to believe that you reported someone stalking you and the police only took a theft report. I also find it hard to believe that you were foolish enough to go to your own unit with someone following you. Lastly, I find it hard to believe no one else was around to witness this. The cops have been saying for years not to go home if you know someone is following you whether on foot or car. You could have knocked on someone else's door or gone back to the laundry room or any one of about ten things. Perhaps you should be more careful in the future.

Anonymous said...

You ARE cold-blooded, but that story does seem exaggerated. The one she posted on the bulletin board in the laundry room yesterday was even better.

Anonymous said...

Granted that people don't remember all that they can when they're in a threatening situation, but what about a physical description of this guy?!

Anonymous said...

Officer Garcia could not link the man with the theft, therefore he told me he was only going to take a theft report not a stalking report. With that said, Officer Garcia is interested in any information on this man.

To answer why I went to the condo instead of a neighbors, I wasn't sure if he was really following me until I got to my condo, I thought he could have been a neighbor heading in the same direction as me.

It was after he finally spoke to me that I got realized the was following me and I did the wrong thing, I went into my condo instead of someone elses.

As far as a physical description beyond what I wrote, he had short brown hair, dark brown eyes, no facial hair, and no glasses, no facial scars. His weight was aprox 160 - 170lbs. He was slim. He looked clean cut, not like a transient.

I thought this community should know what happened, maybe this has happened in the past and other women were too afraid or ashamed to report it. It IS embarrassing.

Also if petty crimes like this continue to happen here, insurance rates will go up, unless some security measures are taken. Perhaps someone needs to get hurt before changes are done.

My safety is more important to me then your comments and my money will be spent at a laundry mat, not here.

Anonymous said...

My girlfriend had some underwear stolen from the laundry room in the beginning of December. I think we should all keep an eye out for whose around and strangers, ask them there business. Find out what they are doing in our laundry room, should only be residents.

Google

I swithched from Internet Explorer to Firefox